THIS NOTICE IS SUBJECT TO MODIFICATION OR TERMINATION AT ANY TIME, WHETHER FOR CHANGES IN THE LAW OR AT OUR CONVENIENCE, WITHOUT ADVANCE NOTICE. YOU MUST CHECK BACK FREQUENTLY TO ENSURE THAT YOU SEE A CORRECT, CURRENT VERSION OF THE NOTICE.
It is our policy to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and other applicable intellectual property laws. We respect the intellectual property of others and expect others to do the same.
If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and is accessible on this site or through this service, we ask that you refer to the following detailed instructions which must be followed to protect your rights under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)
PROCEDURE FOR INFRINGEMENT NOTIFICATION
To file a notice of infringement with us, you must provide a written communication (by fax or regular mail – not by email, except by prior agreement) that sets forth the items specified below. Please note that you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you materially misrepresent that a product or activity is infringing on your copyrights. Accordingly, if you are not sure whether material available online infringes on your copyright, we suggest that you first contact an attorney.
Your communication must include substantially all of the following:
1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
2. Identify in sufficient detail the location of copyrighted work that you believe has been infringed upon (for example, “The copyrighted work at issue is the text that appears on http://www.auto-loan-center.com/”) or other information sufficient to specify the copyrighted work being infringed. If multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
5. The following statement: “I have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.”
- The following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate, and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
Send the written communication to:
SF Finance Marketing
60 29th Street #110
San Francisco, CA 94110
Last Updated April 26, 2010