You’ve wanted a motorcycle forever, and now it’s time to get one. Now comes the matter of figuring out how to finance it. Don’t worry, we’re here to help. We outline the basic elements of a motorcycle loan so you know exactly what you’re getting into. Plus, we make it easy to apply for one online.
Anatomy of a Motorcycle Loan
Motorcycle loans look pretty much like any other car loan. The only real difference that sets them apart from other auto loans is that they can only be used for motorcycles. Other than that, the loan will contain the following elements:
- Down Payment. Some lenders don’t require a down payment, but we recommend it. If you can manage a down payment, it will make the re-paying part of your loan easier.
- Interest Rate. Your interest rate is determined by the current market rate and your credit score. The better your credit score, the lower your interest rate. Right now, interest rates for motorcycle loans are around 8.25% to 10.50%.
- Old or New. You can get a motorcycle loan for a used motorcycle or a new one.
- Payment Plan. You work out the best payment plan for your situation with your loan consultant. You can usually get these loans in 36-47 month periods or 48-60 month periods.
Apply Online for Motorcycle Loans
Applying for an auto loan online is the newest craze in the auto loan industry. Applying online is not only incredibly convenient, but it is a financially sound idea, too. When you apply online, you’re practically guaranteed a lower interest rate. Online lenders have access to tons of investors. They can do your research for you and find the best rate possible.
* Auto Loan Center is not an auto loan lender or broker, but provides information about auto loan products and lenders. Not all products and services are available in all states.